Platform (Android, iOS, Website): Website
Browser, if a website issue (Firefox, Chrome, etc) : Firefox, apparently Chrome also. I don’t think it’s related to browser.
URLs (aka web addresses) of any relevant observations or pages: https://www.inaturalist.org/observations/142469813 Unfortunately, the post holding up this ID had to be deleted. Perhaps admins can still see its effects?
Description of problem (please provide a set of steps we can use to replicate the issue, and make as many as you need.): Lately I’ve been seeing some odd ID issues where a previous ID I proposed would be withdrawn as normal when I pinned an observation down to a more certain ID, but it would still register as a conflicting ID until I deleted the post entirely, oddly, even if the ID was of a higher taxon that included the newer ID. This just happened with the sole Ute insulagemmae observation so far ID’d on the site. It would not register it as U. insulagemmae on that species page until I deleted my old auto-withdrawn Sycon ID entirely. But the very second I did, it showed up. Before this I got a weird maverick label for an ID that was a member of higher taxa (there weren’t even enough IDs to qualify as a maverick, if I remember right) and the maverick label wouldn’t go away until I deleted my withdrawn ID.
As a side note, Bouteloua closed the thread about the Ctrl + left click issue before I could mention that it’s still happening.