Specific observation will not accept annotation: Evidence of Presence

Platform (Android, iOS, Website): Website or Android

App version number, if a mobile app issue (shown under Settings or About): 1.25.7

Browser, if a website issue (Firefox, Chrome, etc) : Firefox 95.0 (64-bit) for Linux

URLs (aka web addresses) of any relevant observations or pages: https://www.inaturalist.org/observations/14424572

Description of problem (please provide a set of steps we can use to replicate the issue, and make as many as you need.):

Step 1: Attempt to add the annotation Evidence of Presence: Organism to the above observation. The spinning circle that indicates “program working” will briefly appear, then disappear. Annotation will not be added.

Note: I have attempted this from the observation web page, from the Identify web page, and from the Android app. I’ve also asked another user to duplicate the problem (it didn’t work for him, either. I have not encountered this issue on any other observation, only the one linked above.

Either someone has just fixed it or it got fixed by itself somehow. I tried to add that annotation but it didn’t work for me either. Then I added a different annotation and then withdrew it. After that your annotation showed up.

Weird. But I guess if the problem is not reproducible, there’s no bug. Thank you!

1 Like