Temporary Curator

is there an option for being a site curator for a limited time?

I am asking because there are about 30+ issues i need a curator help almost daily
This is due to my work of translating and improving the local community of israel animals.

So i ask if there an option to became one, for like 3 days, so i could have some issue i lined up and resolved them all and then quit the curator title.

Thanks

What exactly is the work? Curators dont do translating, that is community sourced open to all users on an external site.

Adding translated names to species does not require you to be a curator, all users can add common names.

Adding species to checklists is likewise open to all users.

2 Likes

Yes what you say is true.

what i meant , perhaps didn’t explain well is,
That in order of changing mistaken name, for example the correct Hebrew name but for the wrong specie (Lets say A. paxx was considered in the past form israel, but after new researched it seems that A.paxxt is the correct specie that occur in israel), i am updating and changing trying to fix and correct all the common names that got mixed up over the years.

Other example, which is minor in being an critical issue and more of a esthetic issue, is that the Hebrew language is spoken only in Israel, so all the Hebrew common names should be under the location of “israel” in the add location option.
Otherwise if i am for example using an Hebrew iNat, i wont see the common names in Hebrew i would see them in English or scientific, so in order for me to make it " israel location" i need an curator access to make edits on the common name.

That is my biggest “issue” because it sums up to dozens of names i could change, and flagging each one, is well, plenty haha
I am currently doing my best, just asking out there, to make our local community better :grin:

And yes, i did not asked curator for translate and add names, just editing them.
Plus not to add to checklists, i am well cable in that area :grinning:

Editing names doesn’t take long, you could just flag the taxon for curation.

If you have a list of the needed changes, I can do them for you.

if you are up to it, i can provide you with one :)

Thank you.
case resolved

so i gather some common names that needed to add the Place option,
Its at 150 and counting

I really don’t want to bother each one for a curator flag

I’ve been busy, but I got your list and will do what I can!

1 Like

I’m not really clear why you need to do this. If a user is running the site in Hebrew, they will automatically see the Hebrew name.

The only need for it is if a user wants to see Hebrew names but does not want to run the actual site in Hebrew.

vote for this from @bouteloua
https://forum.inaturalist.org/t/select-language-for-common-names/5430

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.