The "Goth or Moth" game!

I was browsing the internet for random websites when I stumbled upon something delightful: Goth or Moth! Do these names belong to moths or musical acts? I got an 8/10, how do you guys fare? :)

As a major moth fan, I found this quite fun!

16 Likes

I managed to get a 10/10 but I probably have an unfair advantage since I’m in the UK and do a lot of moth recording on Inat.

3 Likes

Though aside from moths with such names ( including 6 moths with gothic incorporated into their common name) there are many moths that look absolutely metal, death’s head hawkmoths are an immediate thought but there are a few others like the Calleta silkmoth which look almost entrancingly dark and mysterious

5 Likes

Well, I lived up to my username. I figured that if it wasn’t represented on our music server, it was probably a moth. :laughing:

6 Likes

I also got an 8/10! this is a fun game, thanks for sharing :-)

3 Likes

7/10 that’s a passing grade

2 Likes

9/10 I’m a Star Pupa

2 Likes

Rating:

1. Star Pupa (8/10).

Oddly, I am pretty uneducated about both moths and goth music :woman_shrugging:
But, it was fun (and educational) to try to fake my way through the quiz

6 Likes

My score was 9/10, which was better than I had expected.
That was a fun quiz to take, so thanks for sharing!

3 Likes

I got 6 out of 10, rating: Hot Larva
https://vole.wtf/goth-or-moth/

A little embarrassed to be honest

Thought I would have to go for the least instead of most correct.
Surprise - 7 /10 Hot Larva
Thanks for posting.

I got 9 out of 10, rating: Star Pupa

update:
I got 10 out of 10, rating: GOTHRA MOTHRA

1 Like

That was a fun way to start the day. I accidentally got 9/10 as a fairly newbie moth fanatic. Beginner’s luck and ‘goth-ing’ any odd spelled things like Mizer. Moths do have funny names but I find in moths and in plants - spelling is hardly ever sacrificed!

3 Likes

8/10 = Star Pupa! It would be nice to have a Goth score, as about half of them were obviously bands…

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.