Unable to See Join/Leave, News or About Buttons for Projects (App, Android)

Please fill out the following sections to the best of your ability, it will help us investigate bugs if we have this information at the outset. Screenshots are especially helpful, so please provide those if you can.

Platform (Android, iOS, Website): Android

App version number, if a mobile app issue (shown under Settings or About): 1.28.20

Screenshots of what you are seeing (instructions for taking a screenshot on computers and mobile devices: https://www.take-a-screenshot.org/):

Description of problem (please provide a set of steps we can use to replicate the issue, and make as many as you need.):

Step 1: I open a project on my Google Pixel 4a 5G phone and the links to Join, Leave, News or About are barely visible (see attached screenshot).

Step 2: The above happens whether it is a project I had previously joined or a project I have not yet joined.

Step 3: Scrolling in the area where the links should be visible only reduces the visibility of the header.

Looks OK on my Pixel 3A using 1.28.20

Have you increased font size or display size at all? Although that might not be the cause because even if I increase both to the maximum those buttons are still fully viewable.

I do notice I can hide the buttons if I scroll slightly up…

You haven’t scrolled up at all on the project pages?

1 Like

Hello, tiwane. I have not changed font or display size. I went into my settings and both increased and decreased the font and display size and this did not impact what I am seeing. I get the same result.

If I scroll up as far as possible, all I can see is the name of the project. If I scroll down as far as possible, what I see is depicted in the screenshot that I attached. I am unable to scroll down further to reveal the project buttons.

1 Like

Update: My partner also has a Google Pixel 4a 5G phone that is running the same version of iNat and he is experiencing the same issue when using the app.