Unexpected Curator Status

I woke up this morning to find that I am now an iNat curator. I have never applied to be a curator (although I have been considering it for some time). Is this normal?

2 Likes

Surprise!

Someone must have made you a curator, which is odd if they did not tell you. You can de-curate yourself.

1 Like

That’s certainly odd, @afid, we’ll check and see who made you a curator and reach out to them.

1 Like

Sounds good. If possible, I would like to keep curator (though I would be happy to apply officially). Although on a side note, the info on applying for curator (specifically what information is wanted in the e-mail application) is rather ambiguous…

1 Like

@afid yes, we should make that more clear. I’m even thinking of creating some sort of online form for curator application. I would appreciate it if you could email us at help@inaturalist.org after having carefully read the Curator Guide and include your reason(s) for wanting to become a curator and an example or two of a taxonomic change you’d like to make that abide by the policies in the guide.

2 Likes

Sounds good! Thanks!

Great! I’ll look into restoring your curator status after we receive the email.

Sounds good, I may not write it for a few days because I’m super busy right now.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.