Unsubscribe from multiple items at one time on Subscriptions page

On the page:

Subscriptions
Manage all your subscriptions
Observations

Make it possible to “unsubscribe” to multiple observations at one time rather than one at a time.
i.e. highlight or check box for multiple observations

if you have a list of observation IDs that you want to subscribe / unsubscribe to, it’s possible to use the API to automate the process.

I don’t think it is possible to download the list from the website to get a list of observation numbers. Since there are more than 300 pages, it would be difficult to create a list.
I also do not know how to use the API.
Thanks

are there other ways to get a list besides looking at your subscriptions? for example, if you’re trying to unsubscribe from a certain set of observations, could you get those observations by filtering for certain parameters in the Explore page?

why do you need to unsubscribe from 300 pages of subscriptions? if you’re getting too many notifications can you turn off certain notifications to achieve the same result?

I would like to receive notifications on some but not all.

ok. well, just for reference, if you ever do get a list of observations you want to un/subscribe to (or for anyone else who has such a list), you can do something like the following in Windows to un/subscribe.

1. suppose your observations are ids 123 and 456.

2. while signed into iNaturalist, open https://www.inaturalist.org/users/api_token in your web browser.

3. that should display like {"api_token":"J.W.T"}, where J.W.T will be some encoded string. copy the J.W.T value.

4. now open up a plain text editor (like Notepad)

5. in your text editor, you’ll add a few commands. the first line is just setting a JWT variable, and you would replace J.W.T with whatever the value is that you copied in step #3 above. after that first line, for each observation, add a line to un/subscribe and a second line to wait up to 1 second. the line with the command to un/subscribe references the observation ID, which will change with each observation. (note that the same command subscribes or unsubscribes, depending on the existing subscription state – it’s effectively just toggling between states.) the timeout is there to limit how quickly the commands will be sent to the iNat API.

set JWT=J.W.T
    curl -X POST "https://api.inaturalist.org/v1/subscriptions/observation/123/subscribe" -d "" -H "Content-Type: application/json" -H "Accept: application/json" -H "Authorization: %JWT%"
    timeout 1
    curl -X POST "https://api.inaturalist.org/v1/subscriptions/observation/456/subscribe" -d "" -H "Content-Type: application/json" -H "Accept: application/json" -H "Authorization: %JWT%"
    timeout 1

(it’s possible to make the script fancier, if you like, but this gives you a general idea of what needs to happen.)

6. save that text file with a .bat extension

7. run your new batch file.

I’m going to close this request. Could be revisited if/when subscriptions as a whole are redone.