Update app requires a user with 10 improving identifications in the last month. Why? Can I get an exception?

Hi, I registered an app some time ago and now I want to update the referrer URL but I get this message: “In order to submit an application your account must be at least 2 months old and must have made at least 10 improving identifications in the last month.”

This has no sense to me. I’m a IT developer and I do not now much about nature so to me this is a not possible to fulfil!. As a developer I stimulate others to provide observations but I do not contribute myself.

Please, please, can you provide a solution that allows me to continue my development? Why a developer need to contribute observations?.

Thanks

You need to add 10 ids, but not 10 observations, from what you wrote, you can do it in a minute if you open e.g. unknowns.

1 Like

see https://forum.inaturalist.org/t/community-guidelines-update-re-machine-generated-content/29029.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

The iNaturalist requests that to create of modify a registered app I have this new requirements: “In order to submit an application your account must be at least 2 months old and must have made at least 10 improving identifications in the last month”. The last condition is very difficult for me. I’m an app developer and not a naturalist so I do not active participate in the observation gathering.

Is there a way to get an exception to this rule to be able to modify the registration of my app?. I’m stack because my website url changed and I cannot change it in the registration and the new conditions do not allow me to solve the ussue. Thanks for your help

Just go to unknowns and id 10 plants as plants or 10 birds as birds, I’m sure any person in this world can id a broad group like that.

An initial ID on an unknown is a leading ID, not an improving ID. To get improving, another person has to agree with the same taxon or a descendant taxon. So you should choose observations that are likely to get follow-up IDs, like birds, mammals, butterflies, etc.

1 Like

just for reference, this appears to be a continuation of as https://forum.inaturalist.org/t/update-app-requires-a-user-with-10-improving-identifications-in-the-last-month-why-can-i-get-an-exception/33965. it may be worth merging the topics.

1 Like

Yeah, then open plants and id 10 as dicots, not much harder.