Voting 2022 photography competition

The ‘‘they’’ was me, and some other people who are not on Inatralist.
But maybe next year I could organize a topic on the forum where people decide the top 20 and then I could post them in a poll.
What do you think?
Thanks
Canyon

1 Like

Or next year I could separate it into three polls of the top twenty - Plants, Animals, and Other.
Then the winners of each could go against each other in another poll and the winner of that be the overall winner.
What does everyone think of that?

7 Likes

Next year I will make a point of not calling it wildlife and say - Plants, animals, and any other living organisms excluding humans.

3 Likes

I think you have some good ideas for the future but just want to state that I think you’ve done a really good job so far (and I’m sure I’m not alone in thinking that). As far as plants go, none were in the top 20 because the photos were judged and none of the photos that made it to the top happened to be plants, and I think that’s fair. Plus, if you squint real hard at picture 8 the sawfly goes away and it becomes a plant photo :slightly_smiling_face:

5 Likes

Here’s to next year!

1 Like

Great idea!

3 Likes

Art shows in which I have participated discouraged multiple entries and the final results were “juried” by independent artists and academics who did not participate in the show. I think the method you presented this year, particularly of participants casting the final votes for fellow participants, is stimulating and fun. For me, the contest presents a source of inspiration to improve photo skills. Thank you for organizing the contest, and you have some good ideas for the contest moving forward.

6 Likes

Not true per se! Wildlife also trabslates to “Flora und Fauna” and used in certain combinations like “Wildlife reserve” it means nature in a more general way… for me wildlife means both.

1 Like

I guess it depends on how old your dictionary is. My big old paper tome translates “wildlife reserve” with “Wildreservat” - not quite the same meaning. Calling it “Flora and Fauna” would be great as that makes it perfectly clear that plants are included.

1 Like

On addition to no plants, there are also no fungi! Maybe next year :kissing_heart:

Remember:
:black_heart: Flora, Fauna, Funga :black_heart:

3 Likes

No but there are slime molds.

3 Likes

I think you did a wonderful job. I like the idea of next year having the three polls and the top 3 (or however many) from each poll go up against each other in a final showdown.

2 Likes

So many amazing photos! Wanted to choose them all :)

5 Likes

I didn’t abstain but I second your protest

2 Likes

Welcome to the forum @watsonm0916

2 Likes

Don’t forget Kingdoms Chromista and Protozoa.

2 Likes

Amazing photos! However, I feel like it would be better to sort the photos into categories. They are very different and its hard to choose 3 from that.

3 Likes

Remind me, was a winner ever named?

4 Likes

Entries are now closed

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.