What additional privileges (if any) does Regular status in this forum actually provide?

I may not be understanding fully, but I’m not comfortable with people changing the wording of my posts, especially if I’m not around (quit checking the forum, died, etc.) to get the notification.

2 Likes

Again, any edits are viewable by anyone. I just added two extra periods to @bouteloua’s post above as an example. You should now see an orange pencil on it:

Click on that and you should see an edit history, including who edited it and which changes they made:

So it is transparent to everyone. And again, it’s not used lightly (except in this case).

6 Likes

I appreciate the explanations. But I think it would be more transparent if there were a different color for the edit pencil in those cases where someone other than the poster made an edit. (I rarely look through a post’s edits because before now I had assumed that all edits were made by the poster.)

4 Likes

i don’t really need any special powers as a Regular user. really, i started this discussion just to clarify what Regular users could actually do and set everyone’s expectations appropriately. if there’s a way to edit the description on the Regular badge, that might help to get everything aligned.

10 Likes

Is a new user supposed to have a limit on replies they can answer? Why? Does a regular have a limit?

This offers some explanation that might be helpful

2 Likes

Thanks! There is no limit on replies for new users though?

1 Like

A new user can make no more than three replies in a topic until someone replies to them.

3 Likes

What about direct messages? A limit on replies to those?

I was notified just last week that I’m a Regular. Which is odd, because most people who know me IRL think I’m irregular, but ok.

So far I haven’t noticed anything different. Still looking for that “private lounge area.”

7 Likes

That’s how I ended up here, so I guess this is it :rofl:

6 Likes

I was curious about the

too.

If there is one, I’m not telling ;)

2 Likes

Hmpff

1 Like

Not even a hint?

I was a Regular for awhile. Never found the private lounge. Now after a few months I’m back to non-Regular (irregular?). I evidently did something wrong to get demoted. Maybe it was a change in my credit rating. But that’s okay … unless that lounge really becomes available, then I want back in.

4 Likes

Regular status in the forum is determined by your activity within the past 100 days:

To get to trust level 3, in the last 100 days…

• Must have visited at least 50% of days
  • Must have replied to at least 10 different non-PM topics
  • Of topics created in the last 100 days, must have viewed 25% (capped at 500)
  • Of posts created in the last 100 days, must have read 25% (capped at 20k)
  • Must have received 20 likes, and given 30 likes.*
  • Must not have received more than 5 spam or offensive flags (with unique posts and unique users for each, confirmed by a moderator)
  • Must not have been suspended or silenced in the last 6 months

* These likes must be across a minimum number of different users (1/5 the number), across a minimum number of different days (1/4 the number). Likes cannot be from PMs.

3 Likes

Thanks. I probably got lazy and didn’t keep up with my required reading, writing, and liking.

4 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.