What are your personal iNaturalist goals for 2020?

I must make a post New Year’s Day confession.
I set a goal of making at least one iNat observation per day in 2020.
On January 7, I realized I had made this work and an obligation.
So I am back to normal. I iNat if and whenever something is there there that catches my eye and I want to document. The joy is back!

16 Likes

I love all the posts in this thread. I’ve tried to do something similar in an end-of-the-year journal post the last few years. Here’s my 2019 review that includes the following 2020 iNat-related goals:

– Get a new camera
– Visit Cordova & the Copper River Delta
– Visit Mystery Creek road (if open to the public) and observe what is living in the aftermath of the Swan Lake Fire, which ignited on June 5th, burned for most of the summer across 167,164 acres (676 km2), and may still be smoldering under the snow
– Observe and identify 500 AK taxa (I got to 430+ taxa in 2019, ~85% of the way there!)
– See an Arctic Warbler
– Be in a tidepool with my family during some of the lowest AK tides of the year
– Nepal
– Vancouver Island marmots
– Align schedules to see the constant traveler carrie seltzer
– Be outside with JudyGVA and Treegrow who are some of my favorite reasons to visit DC
– Publish journal posts on iNaturalist activity in Alaska (now shaping up to be a three-parter – please send an editor), more navel-gazing on reaching 20k observations, resources for southcentral AK bumblebee identification, and a ten-year sample of iNat activity across countries.

6 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.