What would you call this species (SPECIES: ALRE)?

This picture is from https://store.steampowered.com/app/774541/Species_Artificial_Life_Real_Evolution/.

I have been watching videos on the simulation game Species: Artificial Life, Real Evolution for a while now. Since this game is more or less made by Quasar in his free time, it takes a long time for updates to be rolled out. In the game, the simulations starts with simple multicellular organism called Premium specium. As seen from the picture above, they are yellow, have course texture, and only have a body, a head, and a mouth. People who play this simulation like to call these creatures potatoes or cucumbers, for obvious reasons. After reading the responses from Is it possible to identify “The Very Hungry Caterpillar” by Eric Carle?, it would be interesting to see how people would identify/name these specimens in this game.

3 Likes

an insect larva of some sort?

1 Like

Haha I see why folks would choose to call them potatoes! Maybe they’re some sort of sea-cucumber that’s adapted to life on land (they seem to be close to the coast, however, so maybe they’re semi-acuatic?). Also, they remind me of Potato GLaDOS form Portal 2, so maybe it’s scientific name could end with something related to that?

2 Likes

whoa thanks for the game rec… makes me think of spore a little bit

1 Like

Oh, fun! I’d say that it could be a fly larva (Diptera). Some dipterans have a distinct head but no legs, unlike most other insects which do have jointed legs as larvae

2 Likes

Guess I’d just start with Animalia and go from there.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.