Why do I see the app in English and Spanish?

Platform (Android, iOS, Website): app, andriod

App version number, if a mobile app issue (shown under Settings or About): 1.28.10 (563)

Screenshots of what you are seeing (instructions for taking a screenshot on computers and mobile devices: https://www.take-a-screenshot.org/):

Description of problem

I have the app configured in Spanish but I don’t know why the names of the species appear in English while for example settings, projects, guides appear in my native language. As you can see in the screenshot, the animals are in English but the rest is in Spanish.

If you go to Settings, what do you see for your common names place preference?

Think this is a language, not a ‘‘common names’’-place.

I don’t really know where I can find that…

What do you see here?

It’s a regular occurance for me, app suddenly wants to show you English names.

1 Like

It says Argentina

I’ve just finished identifying some observations. While I was doing so, the names of the animals were in English, but when I go to ‘my identifications’ I see some of the names in Spanish and some in English.

What happens if you log out of the app and log back in?

1 Like

I think it worked.

OK. I suspect some English names got cached, for some reason. But I’m going to mark this as solved for now.

1 Like

Some names appear in english instead of spanish probably because those subspecies doesn’t have a common name in spanish. The species does have common names, but there is regular that subspecies does not at least in spanish.

not only subespecies appear in English, but also common names.