Wrong date listed in "news" preview on collection project page

I manage the “Moths of Oklahoma” project and I utilize the “News”/journal feature quite a bit. I will draft several different posts and work on them over the course of several weeks and then roll them out regularly.

I noticed today that the preview of those News posts has a date listed which I think SHOULD be the publish date, but is actually maybe the origin date of when I started the post.

The screencapture shows three posts, which are the three most recent and they are correctly sorted such that the most recent one is on top. However, the date makes it look like it was not the most recent post.


Not sure if it’s a bug or working as designed, but I made an issue here: https://github.com/inaturalist/inaturalist/issues/2649