You know you're seriously into iNat when

I come here to get my daily quota or ROFL :-)

thank you, all of you

3 Likes

Or, you’re happy that someone suggested an ID for the mildew on the onions in your pantry.

11 Likes

Or, true story, you are delighted when your 2 hour road trip is held up halfway by stop-and-go holiday traffic, so that from your back seat you get to actually see the forest margin and roadside weeds you have been whizzed past at 100kph dozens of times before, your neck whipping back and forth as you try to look at a tree, any tree…and this time you get spend a happy half hour looking and photographing

11 Likes

18 Likes

That is me
I do that like almost everyday
Its kinda fun to do it and also I am quite a lot hyperactive when it comes to observing insects

2 Likes

Yes,
because when we observe that particular insect I try measuring it and my neighbor freaks out for that . :sweat_smile:

1 Like

… you find something in your area that u have never seen before.
… you find out that one of your friends is into INatting way before you.
… You forget that you have a class to attend next minute

6 Likes

And the dead bugs on the leading edge of your glider wing after a two-hour flight.

6 Likes

When the first app you download on your new phone is Inaturalist, and the second is Seek

11 Likes

… when there is a growing circle of observations around your house because you don’t travel very much

… when this circle of observations more or less represents the accuracy of the GPS

… when you are planning to walk somewhere, you leave earlier then you need to so you can stop every 20 feet to take pictures of a plant.

13 Likes

There’s an end?

3 Likes

We get a few feral “Colors” in Australia.

1 Like

New species!! : )

2 Likes

When you cry because you remember all the things you saw during your six years in Yellowstone NP but it was before you were an iNater/photographer…

And for those who wish to know… grizzly bear, black bear, gray wolf, wolverine, black rosy-finch, waterthrush, long-tailed weasel, short-tailed weasel, pine marten, bobcat, cougar, lake trout, yellowstone cutthroat trout, various chipmunks, various grasshoppers, white-tailed jackrabbit, pika and those are all the ones I can quickly remember. Still need them all for iNat.

16 Likes

…Whenever you’re on a road trip with your family, you get out with your camera to search for lifers at the gas stations and rest stops (I just did this and got about ~15-20 new species, all right behind a gas station!).

19 Likes

How did your phone manage to survive that??

1 Like

can you link that? sounds like a fun thread to read!

2 Likes

https://forum.inaturalist.org/t/is-anyone-else-having-dreams-where-they-are-outside-in-nature/19990

1 Like

When you celebrate surpassing 1,400 species observed on iNat but become depressed because there’s still 10,898 species in your state alone that would be lifers…

10 Likes

laughs in Californian

9 Likes