Platform(s), such as mobile, website, API, other: Website
URLs (aka web addresses) of any pages, if relevant: https://www.inaturalist.org/taxa/954312-Isopogon-crithmifolius, as just a random example
Description of need:
Describe the iNaturalist community need that your requested feature addresses. Include screenshots, URLs, and other details to help us all understand the issue.
At the moment, editing an existing status for any given taxon (changing from open to obscured or vice versa, adding notes, etc) is a tedious process that takes longer than necessary, especially if editing a number of statuses in a session. At the moment, the workflow is like this:
- (once on a taxon page) Click the curation button
- Click edit taxon from that dropdown
- Scroll all the way to the bottom of the edit page (this is especially annoying for taxa with many common names set across different languages, and many statuses applied, eg https://www.inaturalist.org/taxa/39659-Chelonia-mydas)
- Click edit on the relevant status
- Opens a new tab where you make the edits
This seems like an unnecessary process, and could instead be replaced with the below suggestion.
Feature request details:
In detail, describe the feature you are requesting. This includes its functionality, where the feature is implemented, and what it might look like. Screenshots or mock-ups are helpful. The idea is to have a concrete and actionable request which the community can discuss and vote on. It might change through discussion, but it’s much easier to iterate and talk about something specific.
I would like an edit button added to the right of each status on the taxon page, eliminating the need for steps 1-3 above. It would look like this:
the same thing is already implemented on the Taxonomy tab for names, so I assume should be easy to replicate