Add "Observation created using" to the identify modal

The identify modal does not appear to include “This observation was created using:” When copying and pasting common responses which give different directions to web site users versus app users, one has to open the original observation to obtain the observation “created using” information. This information would be most helpful to an identifier on the first tab, the Info tab of the modal.

This would be useful in deciding how to word responses when new users need guidance, but alas, I am out of votes.

3 Likes

Some people use both the app and the website, so it might be a good idea to just give the instructions for both. I think it would be nice to be able to see whether they used the app or not anyway, though.

2 Likes

I think it’s a great idea, but will add that for the few times I need to determine how the observer is posting their observations I don’t mind the extra effort of opening the observation view. Actually, by the time I need to know that I have typically already opened the observation page anyway!

3 Likes

I think it would definitely be helpful for observations made via Seek, since Seek doesn’t take location into account when suggesting an ID.

4 Likes

This has been implemented, eg

2 Likes