"Alive Or Dead" showing up multiple times,

Please fill out the following sections to the best of your ability, it will help us investigate bugs if we have this information at the outset. Screenshots are especially helpful, so please provide those if you can.

Platform (Android, iOS, Website): Website

App version number, if a mobile app issue (shown under Settings or About):

Browser, if a website issue (Firefox, Chrome, etc) : Chrome on Windows 10

URLs (aka web addresses) of any relevant observations or pages:
Link: this is one where it showed up, but it happens spuriously around the website.
Screenshots of what you are seeing

Description of problem (please provide a set of steps we can use to replicate the issue, and make as many as you need.):

Step 1: Go to Identify tab and click an observation so that it opens in the same tab, like in the screenshots. Go to annotations.

Step 2: Using the on-screen controls, look through observations and annotate them.

Step 3: Look for the “Alive or Dead” annotation occurring twice or three times in succession. One will be filled as “Cannot be Determined” and the other will allow you to select as usual.

Step 4: If you see the error, exit the observation and reload. It usually goes away.

I don’t think “Evidence of Presence” occurring twice is a bug, you’re allowed to choose multiple evidences in case a single observation has, say, scat and a molt from a single organism. There’s no reason why a single organism would be both dead and alive, though. I do appreciate you checking it out though! I imagine this bug is difficult to confirm as it occurs spuriously and often disappears upon refresh.

1 Like

This has been happening to me too. It doesn’t seem to affect the actual observation, which is why @brian_d didn’t see it on the linked observation. It’s an Identify problem. By as many observations as you have already annotated as Alive or Dead, it becomes multiplied on the one you are currently looking at.

2 Likes