All but one photos in a new observation duplicated

Sweet, thanks for following up, all. I’m going to close this bug report.

1 Like

Works for me too! Strangely, the photos still duplicate when I drag and drop (though now the duplicates have metadata), but I go to the observation and they’re not duplicated.

Could you please share operating system (MacOS, Windows) and browser/version you are using? I haven’t seen anyone else report this yet

I just tried again and the problem is gone! :)

I am still experiencing this problem intermittently, though for me the duplication appears when separating photos, not adding them together.
Here in the first observation, I have a stack of 6 photos:

I drag one photo out to a separate observation, and it spawns a clone of itself with no metadata attached, while the original stack now shows “6 of 5” photos.

I’m using Chrome, on Windows 10.

Negative evidence: I should have chimed in earlier on this topic. I work on a desktop Mac (OS 10.14.6) using Safari (14.1.2 (14611.3.10.1.7)) and to my knowledge have NEVER experienced the doubling issue. When combining multiple images on the Upload page, I always drag one card to another, one at a time–no Shift-click or Command-click, just click and drag. I’m so unobservant that I never even noticed the “Combine” button.

It still is a problem.
My steps: add a bunch of photos, then relocate one up> it’s duplicated.

To add, there’s a weird behaviour when you want to select some photos when pressing Shift, if photo was added not in a first bunch (so you added it later to upload page), it is not selected:

1 Like

i think what you’re describing here is documented already: https://forum.inaturalist.org/t/group-selection-quirks-in-upload-interface/14700.

Yes, it’s the same thing, thank you!