Android app doesn't sync observations

A few days ago my app started to act strange. It doesn’t sync observations that I added. When I try to reload the observations it just says “Could not download latest observations. Connection problems”. Also, when I add an observation the species search doesn’t provide any suggestions and also gives an error message “The internet connection appears to be offline”. But my internet connection is fine and I never had this problem before.
Is anyone else having this problem? How can I fix it?
I use android app, the lastest update of the app (I tried deleting and reinstalling, but it didn’t work).

1 Like

Tomas, can you please send log files from the app to help@inaturalist.org, as well as a screenshot or two of what you’re seeing?

To send log files, go to the Settings tab in the app and tap three times on the version number. You will then have the option to email the log files to us.

3 Likes

Hi @tomasp did you get a chance to send log files to help resolve this issue? (I’m checking in on old, unresolved bug reports). Thanks!

Hi,

Yes, I did send my log files successfully, but it didn’t resolve the issue. I received this message from Tony:
“Our Android developer says he sees a lot of errors when trying to contact iNat’s servers, but there aren’t enough details in the log files around that particular issue to know the cause for sure. He thinks it’s likely not related to iNaturalist, but he can’t be sure, and recommends restarting the phone and maybe trying to reinstall the app.”

Eventually I did solved the issue myself somehow or it just went away. To be honest I can’t remember how it happened. I remember restoring factory settings on my phone. Maybe that did it. Or maybe the next android or iNaturalist update solved it. Can’t remember, sorry. :D

1 Like

Thanks for the follow-up! I’m glad the issue is no longer occurring for you.