Observations won't sync

I’m getting a similar thing that has been happening for about 3 weeks.

I’m using App version V.1.21.17 (484)
on a Motorola G6+ which uses Android 9.

(moved this from an iOS bug report as this is likely specific to Android)

Can you please try to sync one more time and, if it still doesn’t work, send long files to help@inaturalist.org? To send log files, go to the About tab in the app and tap three times on the version number. You will then have the option to email the log files to us.

Welcome to the forums

1 Like

I am also having the same problem. I’m a relatively new user, and until recently my observations have uploaded without me doing anything. For the last week it has stopped doing this. When I upload it says I must be connected to the internet - but I am.

Can you please make sure you have auto upload turned on in the app’s settings? If so, please post a screenshot of the error message you’re getting and send log files from the app to help@inaturalist.org.

Here are instructions for how to take a screenshot on several types of devices: https://www.take-a-screenshot.org

To send log files, go to the About tab in the app and tap three times on the version number. You will then have the option to email the log files to us.

my version is 2.12.5 (187) Android app but I do not have any Settings that show AutoSync or any of that.

I’ve got the same problem. App worked fine for a week then hasn’t uploaded anything since a few days ago. My version is 1.23.1(490)

1 Like

Also iNaturalist Android Logs (version 1.23.1 - 490 here.
https://forum.inaturalist.org/t/android-app-fails-to-syn-an-observation/24269 Maybe the same problem, but it is only one observation that duplicates in the app (?) and fails to sync with the website.

Those 440 observations, are the related to a real life situation or does the app have a mind of his own?

I do not autosync, I use the upload button but it does not work. I found out I can select observations and upload them one by one.

My observations from today are failing to upload despite many attempts. Have tried pausing-restarting the app as well as restarting the phone. Other apps are using the internet just fine. I just emailed today’s logs to help@inaturalist.org.

haha - after five hours of not working, it started working the moment the log email went through.