Android app is unable to upload new bird song recordings

Platform (Android, iOS, Website): Android

App version number, if a mobile app issue (shown under Settings): 1.19.8 (430)

I was delighted to discover I could upload birdsong recordings to iNaturalist directly from my voice recorder app as a “share,” rather than having first to upload it to SoundCloud as in the past. But over the last week my uploads have failed to complete. The screen showing observations will have “waiting to upload” on all these observations, and when I pull down I get “preparing” then “syncing 1 of 14 observations,” then nothing. I have tried again and again to get them to upload without any different result.
Restarting my phone did not help.

Possibly related to https://forum.inaturalist.org/t/recorded-sound-observations-crash-android-app-when-attempting-to-save/14450?

This sounds like a syncing issue more than a sound one. @jeffreymichalsbrown can you please try to sync again and if you still can’t, send us log files from the app? To send log files, go to the Settings tab in the app and tap three times on the version number. You will then have the option to email the log files to us.

Thank you. Done.

@jeffreymichalsbrown According to the logs, the issue is that we’re unable to convert the type of sound file you’re uploading. Can you please send one or two of these files to help@inaturalist.org so we can take a look at them?