Android app shutting down frequently

Please fill out the following sections to the best of your ability, it will help us investigate bugs if we have this information at the outset. Screenshots are especially helpful, so please provide those if you can.

Platform (Android, iOS, Website): Android, Pixel phone

App version number, if a mobile app issue (shown under Settings or About): 1.21.10 (477)

Description of problem (please provide a set of steps we can use to replicate the issue, and make as many as you need.):

Step 1: After 15-20 minutes using the android mobile app for making identifications, the app will become unresponsive. It freezes my entire phone: I cannot close the app or even power down my phone. The only remedy is to set my phone aside and wait. This happens at least once or twice a day.

Any advice would be appreciated!

I think it can be a memory issue? Try reinstalling the app, it will clear its cash and maybe check how much free memory you have.

I will give this a try- thank you!

1 Like

Which device do you have?

I use a Pixel 3 that is updated to Android 11.
I got rid of some old photos and got my memory down to 85% but am still having the same problem.
I can keep culling and see if that makes a difference… But willing to hear other advice!

1 Like

Thanks! I’ve got a Pixel 3a running Android 11 but it’s not my main phone, I just use it for testing and bug investigation so it doesn’t have much on it. I’m wondering if it’s RAM and not storage related. If you’re able to keep the app open long enough to send us log files, that would be great.

To send log files, go to the About tab in the app and tap three times on the version number. You will then have the option to email the log files to us.