Please fill out the following sections to the best of your ability, it will help us investigate bugs if we have this information at the outset. Screenshots are especially helpful, so please provide those if you can.
Platform (Android, iOS, Website): Android
App version number, if a mobile app issue (shown under Settings): 1.20.8 (439)
Browser, if a website issue (Firefox, Chrome, etc) : NA
URLs (aka web addresses) of any relevant observations or pages: NA
Screenshots of what you are seeing (instructions for taking a screenshot on computers and mobile devices: https://www.take-a-screenshot.org/):
Description of problem (please provide a set of steps we can use to replicate the issue, and make as many as you need.):
Starting yesterday after 6pm, I could no longer upload any Observations using the Android App. I had done so successfully earlier in the day. The primary symptom is that the app can’t access any images any more.
There were updates to the phone over the past week, but nothing in the past 2 days, at least.
Steps to Reproduce
- View an image in Gallery.
- Select Share
- Select iNaturalist
- iNaturalist opens, but:
- The image placeholder is blank/greyed out/empty
- None of the image metadata, including location, are shown
- Camera and Gallery work fine on their own, and I can share to other apps on the phone, e.g.: text, with no issue.
- Deleting and re-installing the app had no effect.
- Rebooting the phone had no effect.