Can weblink to an observation page be copied on iNat App?

Often the need arises to link a related (or unrelated observation) while commenting on an observation(s), for whatever reasons including self-help, explanations, comparison, etc.

Now while using the iNat mobile app, this is a pain, because it is impossible (as far as I know) to get a web link off the observation page.
Or is there a way I don’t know about yet?

To be able to get web link to an observation, I have to use my mobile browser to access the iNat site.
I think, the site redirects to the downloaded app once you click on any observation (which is infuriating).
"Hey, I’ve been on the app. But what I need isn’t just there and that’s why I’m back here":weary:

This keeps happening, even when I switch to desktop browsing mode. How I eventually obtain the link without visiting a PC has always been a miracle.

My iNat usage is 85% in-app/mobile.

3 Likes

In the top right corner of the observation photo is the share symbol, looking like a sideways V. If you select this, and then just “share”, the observation URL is copied you the clipboard.

4 Likes

Oh, wow. Thanks! As a matter of fact, noticing this for the very first time.

2 Likes

On the first tab of the observation (I) there is an URL at the bottom of the page (Metadata block). You can select and copy it.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.