Conservation status attributed to wrong user

The taxon edit page has long said it would list you as the source of a conservation status if you left it blank, but it never actually did. Now it does:

I did this as a test and then deleted the status that I had added. Before I deleted it, I noticed that I am now attributed as the source of the conservation status for Ontario that I didn’t add or edit:

(“Added by bouteloua” is incorrect)
https://www.inaturalist.org/taxa/198856/edit

1 Like

Looks like this is still happening. I don’t really want to be listed as the person responsible for adding what I consider to be inappropriate taxon geoprivacy settings, nor to be construed as changing settings that are meant to be left to the Canadian network partners. @kueda can you take a look? Thanks!

1 Like

Look taken, bug fixed, damage done… tough to undo, probably impossible without deleting some legitimate associations between statuses and users, though I suspect that would do more good than harm. Will consider next week. Sorry about this, very much my fault.

2 Likes

Thanks for the fix!

I’ve cleaned up as much of the data as I can. If you’re finding any more erroneous attributions, I’ll need to fix them on a case by case basis. Again, sorry about this.

2 Likes

Thanks again, I really appreciate it!