Establishment Means - Wish to mark species as introduced to North America

Continuing the discussion from Introduced species doesn't have any indication of being introduced:

I’m having trouble with @bouteloua cassi’s instructions on how to do this.

If it doesn’t appear on the status tab (too many places listed or none at all), you’ll have to follow the steps above to search for the place and go to the place checklist.

So going back up to those instructions:

• Search for the place of interest, e.g. the state, country, or other place you are interested in, then click “About”. Choose the largest area to which the status applies, e.g. all of North America if it is introduced to the continent, rather than a specific country, state, or province.
  • Lefthand side (scroll down)>View check list page

• Search for taxon where it says “Type taxon name”

• If not on list, “Add to list” and add taxon to list

• Once on list, click “Edit” next to the taxon

• Click the edit button next to “Establishment Means”, make your changes, and click Save

Problem is that I don’t know where I’m supposed to be in order to do this. I understand how to change an existing listing according to the instructions, but there are too many in the list (over 100), and I believe it isn’t there anyway, or else it would be showing up as N or I on the taxon page.

for the search? it’d be the main header search, then click About next to the one you’re looking for

1 Like

OH!

Okay, let’s see if I can take it from there.

1 Like

Done. Hahaha.

https://www.inaturalist.org/taxa/126585-Hibiscus-syriacus

I’m looking at another one which is currently marked on the taxon page as being Native in North America, but the N and Native designations aren’t showing up when I view the taxon page or the list of species I’ve observed (for example).

https://www.inaturalist.org/taxa/56925-Graphocephala-coccinea

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.