Forced focus change of field while identifying

Please fill out the following sections to the best of your ability, it will help us investigate bugs if we have this information at the outset. Screenshots are especially helpful, so please provide those if you can.

Platform (Android, iOS, Website): web

App version number, if a mobile app issue (shown under Settings): na

Browser, if a website issue (Firefox, Chrome, etc) : Chrome

URLs (aka web addresses) of any relevant observations or pages: fairly frequent for any obs

Screenshots of what you are seeing (instructions for taking a screenshot on computers and mobile devices: https://www.take-a-screenshot.org/):

Description of problem (please provide a set of steps we can use to replicate the issue, and make as many as you need.):

Step 1: add an id from the dropdown as normal

Step 2: go to comment field to add a something about it

Step 3: while typing, focus unexpectedly changes back to id field so that part of comment gets written there

I have noticed this happening fairly recently, maybe just since the update prior to last night’s. But I can now confirm that last night’s update did not resolve the issue.

Oh, huh. This happens to me all the time. I normally have to hit tab to go back. I assumed I was pushing something to make it hop back to the ID section instead of the comment.

1 Like

I had this happen more than once a day or so ago, thought somehow I must have moved the focus

1 Like

This keeps happening to me, although I’ve learned that it doesn’t change the ID, just adds useless characters after it

1 Like

Good to know, thanks! It does mean retyping the rest of the comment though, or an awkward cut/paste.

Just happened to me today as well. Wonder if it has any connection with the new markdowns available…

is this still an issue? i just tried to reproduce, and i couldn’t.

I haven’t seen it for a while, must be fixed!

1 Like