Forum access not working on inaturalist.ca

So I can see the new ‘Forum’ box on my dashboard while on chrome, through the inaturalist.ca version of the site. But if I click on any of them, I get 404’d (with the link to the cute mole). Have tried to attach pictures, URL should be visible. I know the forum box is pretty new, but it is supposed to work on .ca, or at least redirect to forum.inaturalist.org right?

I don’t have the box on my dashboard :( maybe they are still working on it!

Hopefully this is an easy fix…the link just needs to point to forum.inaturalist.org not .ca

2 Likes

Will file a bug report.

1 Like

It seems the shortfix was to simply remove the Forum “widget” from the dashboard.

@carrieseltzer, looks like iNaturalist.ca still links to the Google Group in the footer, and doesn’t have any links to the iNatForum in the header or anywhere. Who should iNat.ca users reach out to to request those types of fixes? I’m not able to find a contact page there.

Thanks cassi. This is an issue that I can help resolve. I will do some testing today to see if I can make it show up for .ca and .nz and work as expected.

2 Likes

I think Forum links from https://inaturalist.ca/home should now 1) appear and 2) correctly go to the forum now. Can anyone else confirm?

2 Likes

Still no forum link in .NZ, should I contact @jon_sullivan

1 Like

I’m asking him now, no worries.

1 Like

Forum link for .CA worked for me :)

2 Likes

Thanks. It would be great to see this on iNat NZ too. Could it be labelled “Global iNat forum” instead of just “Forum” on the iNat Network sites?

2 Likes

Alright, inaturalist.nz has the forum links now too. We can’t immediately change the name to make it clear it’s the global forum, so I suggest we see how it goes without that descriptor in the meantime and see if it still seems like a need next month.

3 Likes