Full screen function doesn't respond

Please fill out the following sections to the best of your ability, it will help us investigate bugs if we have this information at the outset. Screenshots are especially helpful, so please provide those if you can.

Platform (Android, iOS, Website): Website

App version number, if a mobile app issue (shown under Settings or About):

Browser, if a website issue (Firefox, Chrome, etc) : Chrome

URLs (aka web addresses) of any relevant observations or pages: explore

Screenshots of what you are seeing (instructions for taking a screenshot on computers and mobile devices: https://www.take-a-screenshot.org/):

Description of problem (please provide a set of steps we can use to replicate the issue, and make as many as you need.):

Step 1: On the explore portion of iNat, go to map view.

Step 2: Click on the expand map icon, see if it goes to full screen or not.

Ever since the custom boundary thing was added, which is fairly helpful, it has been impossible to get the map to go to full screen when on explore. Apparently I’m not the only one this is happening to, as my partner called me earlier and asked if it was happening to me too.
If there is some trick to get it to work, I’d love to know, if not, I hope somebody can fix it soon.

2 Likes

Same for me - no full screen on Chrome. :(

2 Likes

I can confirm that the full screen button doesn’t do anything for me on Chrome, Firefox, and Edge.

2 Likes

Me too. On Chrome

1 Like

Thanks, I made a bug report here: https://github.com/inaturalist/inaturalist/issues/3541

2 Likes

Also the “find your current location” button above it does not work either.
Both related to the new buttons for circles and rectangles?

Thanks, I added that to the issue.

Double checked and Location Services were turned off for my laptop. Once I turned them on and made sure Firefox can access my location, it works. @tonyrebelo can you please double check and make sure all of your permissions are correct? If you go to maps.google.com does it find your location when you click on the target button?

That aspect is still working for me…

This has been fixed. Looking good for me.

3 Likes