Help, I can't log in Inaturalist

Platform iOS 15.7.9

App version number iNaturalist version 3.2.13

Screenshots of what you are seeing

Description of problem
Step 1: the first time I logged into iNaturalist was in 2020, and I did so by syncing through Facebook, without a real account and without an email associated with it.

Step 2: now I want to log in again but the app asks me to log in by the account (that I haven’t), or for synchronization with Apple or Google. With facebook seems no possible anymore.

Step 3: if I try to enter the username (lorenzo223) and click on recover password, they ask me to enter the email (that I haven’t because i synchronized by facebook) to continue the procedure.

Step 4: I already tried to contact help@inaturalist.org two days ago with no response.

How can I recover my original account named lorenzo223? Someone can help me please?
Sorry for my english, and sorry if I made any mistakes to making this post.
Thank you

1 Like

it would be best to send another polite email to the help address; it probably just slipped under the radar, they get a lot of emails every day

3 Likes

You did a good job explaining! iNat recently changed to requiring a verified email address for accounts, so this is probably the underlying cause of the issue. I agree that following up with the help email is the way to go. It may take a little bit, but they should be able to get your account access back!

2 Likes

I’m sorry Lorenzo, it looks like your email was routed to our spam folder. I’ll reply to you today.

3 Likes