Oops. Incorrect Username or Password

Please fill out the following sections to the best of your ability, it will help us investigate bugs if we have this information at the outset. Screenshots are especially helpful, so please provide those if you can.

Platform (Android, iOS, Website): iOS 14.4

App version number, if a mobile app issue (shown under Settings or About): 3.1.1, build 626

Browser, if a website issue (Firefox, Chrome, etc) : NA

URLs (aka web addresses) of any relevant observations or pages: NA

Screenshots of what you are seeing (instructions for taking a screenshot on computers and mobile devices: https://www.take-a-screenshot.org/):

Description of problem (please provide a set of steps we can use to replicate the issue, and make as many as you need.):

Step 1: Enter my correct username or email and password on App

Step 2: Receive message

Step 3: Go to website and change my password

Step 4: Enter my username or email and password on App

Step 5: Receive message

Step 6: Go to website and change my password

Step 7: Enter my username or email and password on App

Step 8: Receive message

Step 9: Go to website and change my password

Step 10: Get frustrated

1 Like

I also had many problems after changing password and tried just many times

@VTDonn I’m sorry you’re having difficulty logging in. Can you please provide a screenshot or two of the error messages you’re seeing? I don’t see any records of our sending you passwords reset emails.

Same thing happened to me. I have one password and user ID for the forum and another for inaturalist as I couldn’t get back in to the inaturalist site. I didn’t think to take a screenshot.

I did the reset thing atleast 3 times yesterday, and again just now.

i log in with my iNaturalist account, not e-mail address. have you tried that already?

Hmm, the text box does say “username or email”. I was able to log in with my email address. (Edit: clarification that the original comment I replied to said username was likely required to log in)

I then:

• clicked the Forgot password? link in iOS 3.1.1 (626)
  • entered my email to reset the password
  • received the email, clicked the link to change the password
  • (had to log out of my iNat account in my browser first, then had to go back to the email and click the link again)
  • changed my password
  • went back to the iOS app log in screen
  • entered my email and new password
  • logged in successfully

Stupid question, but @vtdonn can you confirm that the forestmetrix email is the email associated with that iNaturalist account?

1 Like

Are you able to log in to inaturalist.org in a web browser?

For what it’s worth I was just able to repeat @bouteloua’s steps to change my password and log in successfully so I don’t think there’s a widespread bug.

@vtdonn I’m going to close this bug report as we haven’t heard back from you. Please contact help@inaturalist.org if you are still having difficulty logging in, and please let us know if you’re not able to log in at inaturalist.org.