How to show and edit the observations of two users within a location?

Unfortunately, I have to explain my problem in German because I don’t speak English well (English Google translation at the bottom):
Unser Team besteht aus zwei Nutzern, sagen wir A und B. Beide Nutzer sind Administratoren einunddesselben Projektes (vom Typ Collection), welches mehrere Orte beinhaltet. Beide Nutzer machen, unabhängig voneinander, eigene Beobachtungen. Meine Frage: Ist es möglich, einen unserer Orte mit seinen Grenzen und mit allen Beobachtungen beider Nutzer A und B gemeinsam auf der Karte anzuzeigen? Das Ziel ist, dass A auch die Beobachtungen von B sieht und editieren kann (und umgekehrt). Ist so etwas möglich?

Translation:
Our team consists of two users, let’s say A and B. Both users are administrators of the same project (of the Collection type ), which includes several locations. Both users make their own observations, independently of each other. My question: Is it possible to display one of our locations with its boundaries and all observations of both users A and B together on the map? The goal is that A can also see and edit B’s observations (and vice versa). Is something like that possible?

You can use the Explore page (by editing the search url) or a collection project to display both users observations on one map, but you can only edit someone else’s observations if they provide you their account password.

1 Like

If you want to see a map of both user’s observations in different colors, you can use the compare tool (https://www.inaturalist.org/observations/compare) and enter user_id=A and user_id=B (use actual usernames) in the query boxes. This still does not give you access to edit another user’s observation though.

If you want to limit the display to only observations in a project, you can add that to each query, for example: user_id=jdjohnson&project_id=10914

1 Like

@ bouteloua
Danke für deinen Vorschlag. Leider war ich nicht erfolgreich. Ich möchte mein Problem noch einmal erläutern:
Die Nutzer A und B machen, unabhängig voneinander, Beobachtungen an einer bestimmten Lokalität L. A macht in L zehn Beobachtungen, B macht in L zwanzig Beobachtungen. Meine Frage: Wie kann man auf der Karte die Lokalität L mit ihren Grenzen und mit sämtlichen dreißig Beobachtungen gleichzeitig sehen und editieren?

English translation:
Thanks for your suggestion. Unfortunately I wasn’t successful. I would like to explain my problem again:
Users A and B, independently of each other, make observations at a specific location L. A makes 10 observations in L, B makes 20 observations in L. My question: How can you see and edit the locality L with its boundaries and all 30 observations on the map at the same time?

Es gibt für die gewünschte Suche mehrere Parameter. Was genau ist hier nicht gelungen? Wir können hier nur helfen, wenn wir wissen, welcher Aspekt in diesem Fall nicht funktioniert.

Erstens, wie bereits erklärt wurde, kann man nur die eigene Beobachtung editieren, nicht die Beobachtungen anderer Nutzer. Nutzer A kann also die Beobachtungen von Nutzer B anschauen oder auch Bestimmungen vorschlagen oder andere Information wie Beobachtungsfelder einfügen, aber er kann die Beobachtungen selbst nicht ändern.

Nun zur Fehlerdiagnose: Ist die gewünschte Lokalität als Ort auf iNat eingetragen? Sprich, wenn du den Ort unter dem erweiterten Filter im “Entdecken” eingibst, wird er auch gefunden und auf der Karte angezeigt?

Wenn du die Nutzernamen wie oben erläutert am Ende des URLs einfügst, werden Beobachtungen von diesen Nutzern angezeigt? Um gleichzeitig die Beobachtungen mehrerer Nutzer anzuzeigen, einfach die Nutzernamen durch ein Komma trennen (user_id=A,B). Mehr dazu siehe hier:
https://forum.inaturalist.org/t/how-to-use-inaturalists-search-urls-wiki-part-2-of-2/18792

Wenn du diese beiden Schritte erfolgreich ausgeführt hast und nicht alle erwartete Beobachtungen angezeigt werden, ist es möglich, dass der Ungenauigkeitsradius einiger Beobachtungen zu groß ist, sprich, er ist nicht vollständig innerhalb der Grenzen des Orts. In dem Fall müssen die Nutzer ihren Beobachtungen entsprechend bearbeiten, damit dieser Radius kleiner ist.

1 Like

Hallo spifani,
dank eurer Tipps bin ich ein Stück weitergekommen:

a) Über die search url konnte ich die Beobachtungen zweier Nutzer mit den Ortsgrenzen darstellen:

b) Andererseits konnte ich über die query-Zeilen zwei Nutzer farblich trennen:

Kannst du mir bitte auf die Sprünge helfen, wie ich beide Ziele vereinigen kann, d.h. im ersten Bild noch die User farblich trennen?

Vielen Dank!

Hello,
Can I use the compare tool to additionally display a location with its boundaries?

as far as I can see, the boundaries are not displayed in the compare maps

you can sort of do this here: https://jumear.github.io/stirfry/iNat_map?view=subsetratio&place_id=198429&user_login=liss_h,bernie98034&user_id=7600104&compare_exclude_param=user_id&showplace=true

otherwise, you’d probably have to make your own custom map either using the process described in https://forum.inaturalist.org/t/in-pursuit-of-mappiness-part-1/21864, or by downloading the observations and plotting those on a map.

Fantastic, thank you very much!
Please let me know where I can read the definition of these search url parameters.
When I click at a red point then I get an information set of that observation. That is great. But clicking at the blue point I get nothing. Have I to expand the url?

the instructions for using the page can be found on the page itself, if you don’t specify any parameters (https://jumear.github.io/stirfry/iNat_map). it should point you to the iNat API documentation, which will document most parameters accepted by the API itself. it also describes several special parameters that are used in the map page itself (not in the API).

this has to do with the way that particular map view is intended to be used. it’s really meant to compare a subset of observations with its parent set of observations, and although your case isn’t really that kind of use case, that view can accommodate your case as well, if you define the parent set as both A and B and the subset as either A or B.

since the primary set of observations in this view is, say, A only, the default interactive layer will work on A points only, not for B points. there is a second interactive layer that will allow you to interact with the combination of A and B, but you have to turn that on manually:

@pisum
Thank you very much!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.