Improve/Standardize Layout of ID Counts in Explore

Platform(s), such as mobile, website, API, other: website (though maybe apps? I don’t use them, so I don’t know…)

URLs (aka web addresses) of any pages, if relevant: Pages using the “Explore” interface, including map, grid, and list views.

Description of need:
The current display shows ID counts left justified. However, when an observation is Research Grade, the Research Grade badge appears to the left of the ID count, bumping the count to the right. This makes it more difficult to scan down the list of observations to read the numbers of IDs. I propose making the number of IDs always appear first to the left side, and adding the Research Grade badge to the right of the observation count.

Feature request details:
Make it so that that ID count is always displayed to the left (and the Research Grade badge, if present, appears to the right). Example for Map view, but can be done similarly for Grid and List.

Current layout:

Proposed Move:

Proposed layout making it easier to read/compare numbers of IDs:

This is maybe a tangent to this feature request but I would also like some kind of separate indication for how many IDs agree with the display taxa/are uncontested. Like if a genus-level observation has 5 IDs all to the genus I potentially care about it in a different way than an observation with 3 IDs to one species and 2 IDs to a different species in the same genus.

3 Likes

Looks like a good idea to me, and I second the suggestion of somehow showing if the current ID is contested. Though that might need its own post.