Please fill out the following sections to the best of your ability, it will help us investigate bugs if we have this information at the outset. Screenshots are especially helpful, so please provide those if you can.
Platform: Website (Windows PC)
- In general: iNaturalist.ca
- Specific example page: https://inaturalist.ca/taxa/63893-Paxistima-myrsinites
Screenshots of what you are seeing:
Description of problem:
Recently, when I log in on the iNaturalist.ca site using a regular Chrome tab, images are not loading. None. I can open the links to images in a new tab, however they do not display in the webpage. None of the images display, even logos. This was not the case until a little over 1 week ago.
For example: https://static.inaturalist.org/sites/5-logo.svg – I can open this in another tab and it displays normally. But per the screenshot, it is not displayed.
I have none of these problems using the iNaturalist.org site in a regular Chrome tab.
When I open an incognito / private browsing tab in Chrome, I the iNaturalist.ca site works normally; all images are properly displayed. Logging in on Firefox, I also have no problem.
YES, I have tried clearing the cache in Chrome. Twice. 198 MB → 0 MB. This has had no effect on the loading.
Additionally, it appears that accessing taxon pages on the iNaturalist.ca site, database queries aren’t happening, as no observations nor observers are listed. The lack of stats suggests to me that it’s something on the server side… or something really weird.