iNaturalist Updates for July 2023

Here’s a list of iNat updates for July 2023. Thank you, forum_moderators, for helping keep track of these!

General

Website

• Made a slight change to how IDs are calculated for ID badges
  • Various small bug fixes
  • GBIF layer on taxon page maps is now “sticky”.

Android

View all release notes

• Released version 1.29.3 (577) - bug fixes and updates for iNaturalist’s independence.

iOS

• Several bug fix releases
  • Updates related to iNaturalist’s independence

Seek

• Released July challenge
  • Several bug fix releases
  • Updates related to iNaturalist’s independence

iNat Blog

For even more bug fixes and updates, check out iNaturalist on github and see previous monthly updates.

7 Likes

Is that the current link? I was taken to a very old page:

or, is it a cache issue?

1 Like

I also see it, and now that I think of it I’d noticed it in previous monthly roundup posts before and had just written it off as them saving the wrong link.

1 Like

Sorry about that, we don’t really keep up release notes there, I’ll remove the link. It’s just bug fixes now, there really isn’t any new functionality being added.

1 Like

Will you let us know who the new donor is, to fund keeping the lights on at iNat?
Curious minds would very much like to know WHO?

1 Like

https://www.inaturalist.org/pages/inat-supporters has some info

2 Likes

The Regional Names section looks neat!!! not sure if comes in this July update, but haven’t seen it before and I’m truly please by this <3

1 Like

Forgot to add this small update in the original post. It’s been updated now.

I noticed a new number appended to identifications on the website that seems to be a recent addition, but can’t find mention of it in this monthly update or elsewhere. Any insight as to what it represents? It doesn’t seem to match anything like number of identifications, leaderboard ID rank, or number of personal observations.

That’s from the chrome extension.

5 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.