IOS app says I have no observations

Please fill out the following sections to the best of your ability, it will help us investigate bugs if we have this information at the outset. Screenshots are especially helpful, so please provide those if you can.

Platform (Android, iOS, Website): IOS

App version number, if a mobile app issue (shown under Settings or About): 3.2.6

Browser, if a website issue (Firefox, Chrome, etc) :

URLs (aka web addresses) of any relevant observations or pages:

Screenshots of what you are seeing (instructions for taking a screenshot on computers and mobile devices: https://www.take-a-screenshot.org/):

Description of problem (please provide a set of steps we can use to replicate the issue, and make as many as you need.): A few hours ago I couldn’t even see my notifications but now I just can’t see my observations but it says they are there.

Have you refreshed/synced your observations (swipe downward on the observation count bar)?

1 Like

My iOS app said the same thing the other day but after I refreshed it the records showed up. Temporary glitch?

1 Like

This happens on the app for me almost every time I login. If I just drag my finger to refresh the page, it goes back to normal.

I have and it still doesn’t fix.

Update: It eventually fixed itself

Thanks for the reports. We’re working on a fix for this, but as you’ve all mentioned, the observations will reappear eventually on their own, too.

2 Likes

This may be an instance of the same problem, so I’ll share it here instead of creating a new bug report. On the Merlin app as of this week my latest observations are from 2 years ago (and the thumbnails don’t seem to load). Refreshing doesn’t help. The activity feed is accurate and in sync with the website.

Running on Mac OS 1.6.03 / iNat app 3.2.6.

The problem seems to have been fixed somehow.