iOS app will not open on iPhone 7

Your device is still running iOS 12.5.7, I assume? And the app is crashing right on startup?

Correct!
Just like before.

iPhone 6, iOS 12.5.7, the same problem. After an update about 1 month ago (hadn’t updated the app for a long while), the app crashes when trying to open it. Device reboot and app reinstall do not work. The earlier version was working fine, but sadly I am unable to find a method to roll back.

Same: app won’t open in iOS 12.5.7. This problem started 2-3 updates ago. One update fixed it, but the problem returned with the latest updates.

We’re working on a fix for this for the next upate.

So we’re not getting enough information from Apple to investigate some more. What we’ll need is someone who’s experiencing this problem to become a beta tester for us. We can send you specific beta versions that can help us get details we’ll need to fix the issue. Does anyone want to volunteer?

I’d be happy to volunteer. I have an iPad Air, iOS 12.5.7 and I have the same issue, the install seemed to work but when I click on the icon the iNat window opens for less than a second and goes away.

Thanks! Unfortunately we took a closer look at the program that Apple uses for beta testing on iOS/iPadOS devices now only works on devices running iOS/iPadOS 13, so we wouldn’t be able to do beta testing on your device, I’m sorry. We’ll keep looking into it, but it’s hard without information.