Iphone selection of species from list sometime fails

Please fill out the following sections to the best of your ability, it will help us investigate bugs if we have this information at the outset. Screenshots are especially helpful, so please provide those if you can.

Platform (Android, iOS, Website): iphone

App version number, if a mobile app issue (shown under Settings or About): 3.2 build 636 iOS 15.5

Browser, if a website issue (Firefox, Chrome, etc) :

URLs (aka web addresses) of any relevant observations or pages:

Screenshots of what you are seeing (instructions for taking a screenshot on computers and mobile devices: https://www.take-a-screenshot.org/):

Description of problem (please provide a set of steps we can use to replicate the issue, and make as many as you need.):

For an observation, select Edit. Then in “What did you see?”, start typing a name. Then when you see the species you want to select, tap on it.

The problem then is frequently the list gets updated after you tapped and the app then selects the species from the updated list at the position where you tapped, which usually is a different species. This means you have to retype all over again. This has been the case for years I believe and has happened to me gazillions of times.

1 Like

The most recent version of the app is 3.2.5 build 658 if I am not mistaken, so you may want to check to see if you are able to update the iNat app.

I also can’t seem to replicate this using the current version of the app.