Loading of images on web slow

Hello wonderful people!

Observation images have been loading very slowly for a few days now.

Platform (Android, iOS, Website): Website

App version number, if a mobile app issue (shown under Settings or About):

Browser, if a website issue (Firefox, Chrome, etc) : Chrome/Safari

URLs (aka web addresses) of any relevant observations or pages: all

Screenshots of what you are seeing (instructions for taking a screenshot on computers and mobile devices: https://www.take-a-screenshot.org/):

Description of problem (please provide a set of steps we can use to replicate the issue, and make as many as you need.):

Step 1: Open any observation on the web.

Step 2: And the images as part of the observation load extremely slowly on multiple observations, higher resolution images take a bit longer than lower ones.

Step 3: This happens on Chrome and Safari. On other devices too. Resetting the network, restarting wi-fi and the computers, resetting the browser hasn’t fixed the problem.

Step 4: All other sites work as expected, and a speed test returns upwards of 350 Mbps. I’m not sure if it is my network that may still be the problem. Is anyone else having this issue where the image load a few lines at a time?

1 Like

They’re slow to load if I click on them, page itself loads fine, but I think this problem is at least a year old if not more for me, other websites have no similar issues on my devices.

2 Likes

Hi Marina.

Thanks. I agree that the images once you click on them have always taken a while to load, and that seems to happen even slower now. But the previews worked alright until maybe 3-4 days ago. But now, for most observations, I’m having to wait a few seconds while even the preview loads.

1 Like

I’m not seeing any notable slowness, at least on my end and using Brave Browser. I do have pretty fast internet. Here’s a screen recording of me loading an observation page with 2 photos. How does this compare to what you’re seeing?

1 Like

Thank you for that.
Last evening and this morning, things have been working normally. What I’m seeing now would be close to the screengrab you shared. Maybe it was the internet at my end for the past few days, or something else. I’m happy to report though that images load as expected.

I appreciate the help.

2 Likes

I haven’t had any issues the past few days, but I also have pretty fast internet.

1 Like