Missing new notifications

Please fill out the following sections to the best of your ability, it will help us investigate bugs if we have this information at the outset. Screenshots are especially helpful, so please provide those if you can.

Platform (Android, iOS, Website): Website

App version number, if a mobile app issue (shown under Settings or About):

Browser, if a website issue (Firefox, Chrome, etc) : Safari

URLs (aka web addresses) of any relevant observations or pages: https://www.inaturalist.org/observations?place_id=2390&taxon_id=574937&user_id=egordon88

Screenshots of what you are seeing (instructions for taking a screenshot on computers and mobile devices: https://www.take-a-screenshot.org/):

Description of problem (please provide a set of steps we can use to replicate the issue, and make as many as you need.):

User brian-d has been adding IDs and comments to several of the wasps at the link above within the last hour. None of the comments have generated notifications.

1 Like

My notifications come to me like 10 hours later today and yesterday.

7 Likes

Ditto, my notifications have been several hours delayed on mobile app and browser today.

3 Likes

Platform: Website

Browser: Chrome

Same here, I am receiving some of the notifications but not all of them, I know this because I will look at an observations & see that people ID but it does not show up in notifications. I tried refreshing my screen & exiting & reopening my browser with no luck.

3 Likes

I’m seeing some notifications but others are not appearing on either a desktop or iphone. I can tell because some observations have gone to research grade but i’ve received no notification.

4 Likes

I noticed this once today, but didn’t think anything of it until seeing the post. The notification came after I’d already replied to the comment (that I didn’t get a notification for).

2 Likes

I’ve noticed this a few times in the past (including yesterday), in some cases where the notification came in many hours late and in other cases where I simply did not get it at all.

2 Likes

I am not receiving notifications either. I use Chrome on a desktop computer. A number of my observations have been identified in the last hour, but I haven’t had a notification since 8:56 PM. I took screenshots, but don’t know how to add them here.

Both ID’s were added an hour ago around 9:40 PM. I still haven’t got notifications for them and many others.

1 Like

In the comment box, there’s a symbol to upload pictures (7 from the left)

Thanks for the help. I didn’t know what most of them were for.

1 Like

In your account settings, do you have “Confirming IDs” on or off?

I also never received a notification for this disagreement on browser or app https://www.inaturalist.org/observations/124611149, which occurred about 5pm mountain time on 7/4/22.

Yes Confirming IDs is on in my settings.

1 Like

In the “Activity” panel on my iOS and Android devices, niether display any notifications in over 24 hours, while when I view “My Observations” on my Android device, I found I had a number of contributions to “Needs ID” type observations

This is what I have noticed so far…

2 Likes

I have one new notification at 9:35 pm mountain time on 7/4/22 and still no sign of notifications related to the wasps I originally posted about or anything else that might have happened this afternoon.

I’m also having the issue described here. Have been uploading observations over the last few hours and received 2 notifications although several identifications have been made when I look through my observations. I’m using Chrome on a MacBook.

2 Likes

Same problem with me. I have a delay of several hours between somebody making a ID and me receiving notifications on my activity. They do apear red on my observations.

2 Likes

A screenshot to show it happening again! The first and last notifications refer to exactly the same comment, which was made at 11:06 AM

1 Like

Update on 7/5/22: this morning I have 25 new notifications, with timestamps between midnight and 7am mountain time, including the missing comments from yesterday.

2 Likes

Good to know that this issue isn’t just me. The notifications on the app have been extremely delayed for me, and sometimes the timestamps are clearly inaccurate. I’ll get a notification that will say an ID was added 8 hours ago, click on that observation, and it will be from less than a minute ago.

There was a server load issue that caused this, but it’s been fixed. Sorry about that.

7 Likes