Move "Re-order Photos" button to be closer media window

Web only

When editing an observation, please move up the button that allows you to re-order the photos closer to the media window. I upload multiple photos at a time typically and sometimes want to move the photos around to choose the most appropriate thumbnail after submission.

The button is too far below the media window and easy to miss. I actually had to search the forum to see if it was possible to rearrange them since I couldn’t find it.

Alternative: Remove the button altogether and make a simple UI function where you just drag the photo you want to move in the media window to be in front or behind the current photo.

*screenshot and diagram provided by user jeanphilippeb

Out of votes, but supporting!

1 Like

I would prefer having both options: being able to drag photos and having a visible button.

4 Likes

The former probably wouldn’t happen until we rewrite this very ancient page, which is definitely in need of a refresh.

2 Likes

I should note I’ve never really seen this layout, I think because I linked my Flickr account to iNat so, so long ago. If you have a linked account, it looks a lot better:

Thank you! :star_struck:

(funny glitch: I changed the website to English for this screenshot, but not all items followed the switch - but I didn’t see any other string, on different web pages, that were stuck at German, except this one)

2 Likes