Nature-inspired memes

Don’t forget https://www.facebook.com/groups/birdmisid
You Brown Recluse lover, you! Would you still love me if I was a worm! (Entomemology references)

1 Like

The bird one is all wrong - the one on the right is just a baby bald eagle.

1 Like

No, it’s not! This is a young bald eagle:
The color pattern is entirely different, the beak shape is different, the flight style is different (wings stretched out rather than tucked in). I know very little about harriers, so I can’t confirm that the bird shown is one, but it’s definitely not an eagle.

2 Likes

Maybe he was being sarcastic?

It’s a common refrain on the FBMID page. There are so many reposts from people who are wondering if an American Robin, say, is a baby eagle. You would be astonished by the basic lack of knowledge that many people have regarding the natural world!

5 Likes

That’s even worse than the “creagle.”
(“Creagle” being the experienced birder’s term for a crow carrying a large white object. People think that the white object is the head, and that they are seeing a bald eagle.)

6 Likes

Hey… I’ve been duped by a squirrel’s nest with snow on top. It’s not lack of knowledge, it’s just poor distance vision, even with glasses. This is one reason why I don’t bird…

3 Likes

But if the crow is flying, you could see that it doesn’t have a white tail, right?

It seems that would be the case, but it’s easy to be perfect in a theoretical world. I’ve made so many mistakes that I don’t believe I’m above anything any more, and I don’t believe anyone else is either.

4 Likes

Hummingbirds (Trochilidae):

20 Likes

I found this Buff Ermine moth in the trap this morning…

28 Likes

Jumping Spiders (Salticidae):

15 Likes

Should have put that one in the “Moth Memes” thread!

1 Like

When trying to ID plants:
6kku32

18 Likes

There’s a moth meme thread? :hear_no_evil:

1 Like

yea,so true. Mu mind is always like that

Everytime, henceforth, i see this moth this image of this specific homo sapien is going to come into my head.

Great meme :sweat_smile:

1 Like

Forum topic by @wolfram06: Some moth memes I made

2 Likes

:) ‎‎‎ ‎ ‎

New observers on iNat be like:

7 Likes