Need info! iOS app crashes when you tap on photo library icon in iOS 13

Seek Version 2.3.4 update (10/15/19) is stable no complaints anymore!

2 Likes

Ok I just updated to IOS 13.1.3
And the crashing issue is back while pushing
The camera button on the INat app
The issue I had Sunday morning
Faded away by Sunday afternoon
Is back after the update

@tiwane
Nothing is working now
On the phone since updating to 13.1.3
The tablet running 13.1.2 has started crashing again to when hitting and camera icon again
I off loaded the app on both and reload same result plus I did a reboot of the iPhone still same result a total of 6 of us up here are having the same issues…
As stated above Sunday morning it was doing this then Sunday afternoon it was working fine

1 Like

@ck2az would you be willing to beta test? If so, please send me a message here on the forum or in email (alex@inaturalist.org) and I’ll get you a beta release that I believe will fix this problem.

And I’m able to upload again

I sent you a email

Still experiencing the crash. My settings all set to Russian, but my settings are identical to the ones uploaded.

Same problem with my iPhone 7, I select a picture from my recent pics gallery and then Done and the app crashes. I just found however that if selecting a pic from say my Instagram pics folder that’s working fine. Also seems with an existing entry I can edit and add another pic with no problem :wink:

1 Like

Updated both app and iOS, 2.8.1 and 13.1.3 respectively, still crashing on tapping photo library icon.

1 Like

Welcome to the forum, @henrythomp!

1 Like

Sorry about the tech problems, but welcome to the forum, @elyzaveta_bateham!

1 Like

It’s fixed for us up here in the Sacramento Mtns of New Mexico
Awesome update

Just saw the update for iNat to fix the crash, but even after deleting and downloading the app again its still happening.

Running most recent IOS. Everything is as it should be on my phone…

I just updated my iPhone on October 20, and that didn’t help. I can’t even pull the app up at all, much less try and upload a photo. As soon as I click on the app, I get the initial green ”iNatiralist” screen and then it immediately crashes and goes away. I can’t get into the app at all.

1 Like

I’d be more than happy to beta test. Been offering since discovering this issue…

Updated as well, and now I can’t even open the app at all. Soon as it launches, it crashes.

The latest version, 2.8.2, should have fixed this. Is anyone else experiencing this particular
crash after updating?

I uploaded 2.8.2 on my iPhone 11 with iOS 13.1.3. It is not crashing but it does not allow multiple photos to be checked once I am in my photo gallery. There are no little circles that display a checkmark in the photo frame so you only get to pick one. After the first pick, it takes you back to Details and you can select a blank photo box, back to gallery, select the next photo and so on. It is kind of tedious.
Also, when I open the app, it defaults to the Explore (maps) function instead of Me (my observations most current first). Any way I can change that back?

1 Like

The update seems to have fixed the crash, thx!

I can’t upload multiple either and the location data is gone