Observation upload does not work and android app crashes then

Platform: Android

App version number: 1.23.22

URLs (aka web addresses) of any relevant observations or pages: not yet uploaded

Screenshots of what you are seeing:

Description of problem:

Step 1: Take several observations

Step 2: Connect to internet

Step 3: open Inaturalist app

The “Preparing synchrionisation” screen (see screenshot) is shown, and then after 30 s the app disappears (crash).

If I choose manual synchronistaion mode, it happens after I start the synchronisation.

I tried to find the log, but the given instructions does not work on my phone (Fairphone 2, Android 9)
Thanks for any help!

Why does the instruction to send the log not work on your phone?

Can you please explain exactly where the log process fails for you?

Seems I simply have not found the “About” section because I wasn’t scrolling in the side menu. So totally my mistake. :-/
Debug log now send.

2 Likes

Great, I got them and I’ve sent them to our Android developer.

OK, this is caused by a known bug. There’s a potential fix in the latest beta version, 1.24.1 (513). If you want to test it out, you can join the beta program: https://play.google.com/apps/testing/org.inaturalist.android You should be able to upload those observations after updating to the beta.

I updated to the Beta Version 1.24.1 (513) but the error is still the same.
I tried to send the logfiles again, but the Email was rejected, because the total file size was to big for the google mailbox.
Which of the logfiles are needed the most?

2 posts were merged into an existing topic: Observations won’t sync; remains green

Now it works woth the same Version. I do not know, what was dofferent now.