Observation upload zoom freezes on mobile device

Please fill out the following sections to the best of your ability, it will help us investigate bugs if we have this information at the outset. Screenshots are especially helpful, so please provide those if you can.

Platform (Android, iOS, Website): Website

Browser, if a website issue (Firefox, Chrome, etc) : Chrome

Screenshots of what you are seeing (instructions for taking a screenshot on computers and mobile devices: https://www.take-a-screenshot.org/):

Description of problem (please provide a set of steps we can use to replicate the issue, and make as many as you need.):

Step 1: Upload several pictures from my mobile device.

Step 2: Go to “Edit” for the Location, add text. This causes the image to zoom in.

Step 3: On exiting the “edit” function, the zoom is locked and frozen in place; I cannot pan back out or scroll over to reach the “upload” button.

On a similar note, I have never been able to combine only some pictures when using the website from my mobile device; I must either upload only one observation at a time, “Select all,” and combine, or else upload only one picture for each observation. By that I mean that there is no way to upload, say, three pictures of one taxon and two of another, and combine them into just two observations; in such a case, I would have to do two separate uploads, one for each taxon.

You’re doing this on your Android’s browser, correct?

Yes, Android browser, website.

I can replicate on my iPhone as well. I’m not sure if I’d classify it as a bug, though, because the iNat website is, unfortunately, not designed for use with mobile browsers, so this page and others were not intended to be used for uploading. I can bring it up with our team, but the mobile apps are designed for uploading on mobile devices and the website is designed for laptops/desktops.

So the solution is to use the app.

1 Like