Over a period of weeks, I have tried People Search for some I know are on iNat. but get "No results" message. I use a laptop with Firefox browser for all my iNat. use

Please fill out the following sections to the best of your ability, it will help us investigate bugs if we have this information at the outset. Screenshots are especially helpful, so please provide those if you can.

Platform (Android, iOS, Website):

App version number, if a mobile app issue (shown under Settings or About):

Browser, if a website issue (Firefox, Chrome, etc) :

URLs (aka web addresses) of any relevant observations or pages:

Screenshots of what you are seeing (instructions for taking a screenshot on computers and mobile devices: https://www.take-a-screenshot.org/):

Description of problem (please provide a set of steps we can use to replicate the issue, and make as many as you need.):

Step 1: Searched for user: Camille Grabb: Received message: No Results

Step 2: Searched for user: Leslie Fellows: Received message: No Results

Step 3:

1 Like

Do you know that those users have included their (I’m presuming) real names on iNat? It is not required, and many users do not. If they haven’t included these names in their profile, a search won’t return them.

This is probably only a bug if someone can provide a user who does include a specific name on their profile that the search should return but does not.

4 Likes

If - you expect to find them on iNat, you know they are here?
Can you find an ID or a comment on an obs - to see what their user name is?

Some use a ‘name’ which I can remember, others have a cryptic string of letters and random symbols - which are impossible to remember and tappy tappy out. Was it _ or - ? How would I remember??

Or scrunched together as one uncomfortable word - which is what I ended up using.
There is a long dead request to let us use upper case
DianaStuder would be more readable - especially since we have ‘all the human’ language names here.

1 Like

Ah!, after checking some Profiles, I see that several of those for whom I Searched, do NOT include their full name! Puzzle solved. Thank You!

1 Like