Something wrong with Australian iNaturalist network?

Today I was suddenly unable to sync new observations to the sever on android app. It kept repeating “preparing”, “syncing”, “uploading the first photo”, “preparing… Seemingly photo uploading was keep failing. Rebooting, reinstalling did not work. It was finally solved after I changed the setting “iNaturalist Network” from " iNaturalist Australia” to " iNaturalist". It is possibly indicating a problem with the Australian iNaturalist network.

What version of the app?
Can you reproduce the problem?
Can you send logs to help@inaturalist.org?
To send log files, go to the Settings tab in the app and tap three times on the version number. You will then have the option to email the log files to us.

Version 1.12.6 (365)

I can still reproduce the problem after changing the network back to Australian and delete an observation then try to upload it again. It still cycling in “syncing”, “preparing”, “uploading”…till I change the network to the global one, then the observation synced successfully.

The log is sent.

Fantastic, thanks. This will help a lot when a member of the dev team or the Australian iNat Node can get back to you.

@helium_l You’re using a very old version of our Android app. Which version of the Android Operating System is your device running?

It is Android 5.0. The device is old itself.

Hmm, that version of the app came out after we added Australia to the app, but that was about a year ago. I honestly don’t think there’s much that can be done here since 1.12.6 was the last version compatible with devices running Android 5 and we can’t really make a fix that will work with your device.

One possible workaround is that you can log in to inaturalist.org (or https://inaturalist.ala.org.au/), go to Account Settings, and affiliate with iNaturalist Australia there rather than in the app.