Place not coming up when creating new traditional project?

I am looking to make a new project that is visible to only a select few people, so I figured a traditional project would be the best for this.
I have existing collection projects that use a place I have created on iNat. When i go to search for this place during the creation process of this traditional project, it doesnt come up. Not sure what I’m doing wrong!

Any tips are appreciated.

To help troubleshoot the issue, can you provide the name of the place you’re referring to?

Since all projects on iNaturalist are publicly visible to everyone, whether or not they are a member of the project or even have an iNaturalist account, it also might be helpful to better define what you’re hoping to accomplish with making a project. More info about projects and project settings here: https://www.inaturalist.org/pages/managing-projects

2 Likes

Niagara Parks (Niagara Falls, ON, Canada). It is categorized as an open space.

1 Like

Can you share a screenshot of what happens when you type that name under “iNaturalist place” in the traditional project setttings?

1 Like

These are the only ones that consistently come up.

1 Like

Since you’re using iNaturalist Canada, it restricts some place searches to only places within Canada. When you created the place, the parent was assigned as North America. I changed the parent place to Ontario if you want to try again.

2 Likes

Oh I understand. Just tried it and it worked! Thanks so much for your help! Much appreciated :)

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.