Pop-up for deleting photos in app

One time I almost deleted an observation photo. All you have to do to delete it is tap the garbage icon at the bottom of the photo. Can you add something to pop-up when you tap delete that might look something like this:
Are you sure you want to delete this observation photo? This action can’t be undone.

I think this would make iNaturalist better so users don’t delete photos by mistake.

Is this necessary? If you delete a photo, you also have to save your changes to the observation for the deletion to take effect. I’m not against it in principle, but I’m loathe to add pop-ups.

4 Likes

Yes, that we understood. Even after you use that method to delete a photo, if you do not also save the observation, the deletion does not happen.

3 Likes

I think he means when you are viewing your photos and tap one. You don’t even have to tap edit.

2 Likes

That’s what I was trying to say this hole time! Thank you!

1 Like

There are 2 ways to edit. One is when you tap the photo. The delete button shows. It’s not when you tap edit and then delete. That’s when your right. Yes, you have to save but when you tap the photo(not the edit button) then you don’t get a chance to save. It’s gone. Do you understand now? If you don’t I think you should go on the android app, open an observation, tap the photo(not edit). The delete button shows and I didn’t tap edit. I taped the photo.

I got ya. Honestly I’d be for removing the option to delete a photo from there, and only allowing you to delete a photo when editing an observation.

2 Likes

What I’ve been trying to say! Will this be done? If so, when?

1 Like

How long will this take to happen?

1 Like

Hi Myles, the staff have a lot of projects on their plate and don’t generally give estimates on when new features will be added.

3 Likes

Whoops, late on this update. You should now only be able to delete a photo when editing an observation.

2 Likes